About Me

Goring-on-Thames, United Kingdom
This is a blog about the stuff I get up to while in Europe. Check it out and see what exactly myself, Adam and Mickaela are doing!

Tuesday 7 June 2011

Never Let Me Go

This is the latest book I have read. "Never let me go", by Kazuo Ishiguro is probably the saddest book I have ever read. I watched the movie on which the book is based the other day and I really thought it was interesting. This was one of those cases where the book is far more impressive than the movie, even though the movie was quite good.

I suppose the correct term to describe this book is science fiction, although it is a very touching and human story. It focusses on the lives of 3 characters, who are all clones brought up to have their organs donated to normal people. This may seem gruesome and horrible, but the way in which the story is narrated by one of these clones is really effective and it raises many issues, from relationships to materialism to ambitions and, most of all, memories.

A really good, but sad and sobering story.

No comments:

Post a Comment