About Me

Goring-on-Thames, United Kingdom
This is a blog about the stuff I get up to while in Europe. Check it out and see what exactly myself, Adam and Mickaela are doing!

Monday 20 June 2011

Bad Teacher, Good day.

Today we went into Reading. Adam had a job interview at a sport's shop, and I'm happy to announce that he got the job! Hopefully he can get me some sweet discounts on merchandise once he starts!

While he was busy with his interview, Mickaela accompanied me while i returned the black pants I had bought, as I didn't need them after all. The lady who worked at the returns counter was suspicious of me for some reason, and claimed that the pants were wet. She thought I had worn and washed them, despite the fact that all the various tags were still on... Eventually though she refunded me, so Mickaela and I just went to get a coffee from Costa's while we waited for Adam. He eventually met us there and told us the good news! We then walked around for a bit, and I used the money from the pants to get a pair of black trainers for work, because working in my black shoes was not the best thing for my feet! I was quite happy with my purchase, and we went off to Subway for lunch, where I got to eat a free sub I had won as part of Subway's birthday celebrations. With time on our hands and not much to do, we decided to go watch a movie.

We watched 'Bad Teacher', with Cameron Diaz and Justin Timberlake. It was a funny movie, and a great way to just spend the afternoon on what turned out to be a really positive, relaxed day! It seems that having eventually all found jobs of some sort has really lifted our spirits (although the continuously shitty weather didn't reflect this!).After the movie we walked across the centre of town to Poundland (a cool store where everything costs only 1 pound), and bought a couple of big bags of chips along with some other things we needed, and slowly made our way home.

The trains were busy, mostly with businessmen and women making their way home from London. We had some of the meat I brought home from work for dinner, as well as some potatoes and vegetables that Mick whipped up, for dinner. We then just chilled, and I finally got back onto the internet (and my blog) again!

I've got a feeling that this is going to be a good week...

No comments:

Post a Comment