About Me

Goring-on-Thames, United Kingdom
This is a blog about the stuff I get up to while in Europe. Check it out and see what exactly myself, Adam and Mickaela are doing!

Monday 23 May 2011

Reading.

So today we hopped on a train heading into Reading, with one mission and a handful of CV's. Our aim - hand them out and get. a. job! And so the three of set out on this task... walking up and down the main roads, into the shopping centres and places of business and handed out CV's like our lives depended on it - which right now it kind of does!

Ok, so it was as dramatic as that, but it definitely is important to our trip, as our ability to get jobs is ultimately going to determine the success (and duration) of this trip. We did manage to find a few places looking for staff, so I'm "quietly confident" that we will hear back from someone soon!

And after revisiting Reading, I think it would actually be a nice place to work. the commute into it from Goring is less time (and money) consuming and it is a city proper, compared to Oxford being a tourist/student town. So I would definitely be happy to hear back from either place.

Tomorrow, Adam and I are headed into Oxford. We have appointments at Barclay's bank with a personal banker (fancy!) who will, thumbs-crossed, finally grant us the mystical and elusive "bank account". This animal is easily found in deep, dark Africa and yet requires superhuman patience and time to find in the First World.

I don't really have any related photos for this post, so I will add a photo of me with my 2 friends - banana milk and chocolate milk. Enjoy!

Politically Correct: Asian, Caucasian & African

No comments:

Post a Comment